Skip to main content

Reading Notes: Epified - Krishna Part B

 Krishna and Balram arrived in Mathura. People started to know who they were and word got around. A woman named Trivakra was one of the people who gathered to see their deeds. Trivakra was old and had 3 deformities: a twisted neck, a hunched back, and a paralyzed knee. She had been told long ago that the son of Vasudev would return to Mathura and heal her. She approached Krishna and told him that she needed healing. Krishna healed her with a hug. Kamsa, Krishna's tyrant uncle, soon heard that he was in town.

Kamsa knew he only had one more chance to kill Krishna before the prophecy came true. Kamsa knew of an elephant named Kuvalayapida who was fierce and deadly. Kamsa planned to use him to kill Krishna. He had the elephant tied to the gates at the entrance of the palace so that it would kill Krishna and Balram if they tried to enter. Soon Krishna and Balram came to the elephant and it attacked Krishna. Krishna grabbed the elephant by its trunk and flung it away. Krishna then hit it hard one time knocking the elephant out. 

Kamsa sent two of his wrestlers to take care of Krishna and Balram. But they were defeated easily. Krishna and Balram then approached the center to take part in the challenge to lift the mighty bow. Krishna lifted the bow effortlessly. When Krishna started stringing the bow, it snapped. This made Kamsa mad so he ordered his army to kill them (again). They were defeated and soon Krishna came to Kamsa. They punched for a bit. Then Kamsa died. The people of Mathura were happy. 


Pediment showing Krishna killing Kamsa Wikipedia Commons



Bibliography: Epified - Krishna, Part B


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

  Check out my Portfolio!:     Jacob's Portfolio Pixabay

Introduction to Jacob the Entrepreneur

 My name is Jacob and I am a Sophomore majoring in Economics. I'm from the Texas Hill country (a place called Bulverde, just north of San Antonio) however I was born in El Paso. Despite growing up near both the University of Texas and Texas A&M, I am actually a lifelong OU fan. My parents and grandparents were all fans of either of the other two schools, but I held my ground. My grandma would always tell me "you'll probably change your mind several times as you got older", but I knew that I wanted to be a Sooner. Originally, I had planned on majoring in Biology and eventually (hopefully) going to medical school. But my interests rapidly changed over my freshman year at OU. Growing up, I had always been very close to my Dad and I looked up to him in many ways. He was a very hard worker and an entrepreneur. His most successful business was, and is, a custom home company named J Taylor Custom Homes, named after me (also check us out at JTaylorCustomHomes.com ). As I

Week 12 Story - SHAZAM!

 Billy Batson once again found himself in a familiar situation. He was running through the snow-covered streets of Chicago, taking random turns as his bullies chased him. The bullies in question were the Colson brothers, a nasty duo known for picking on the less fortunate kids at school. Following their previous encounters, Billy tried to avoid conflict and lay low at school, but when he saw the Colson brothers picking on a new student and a fellow orphan, he felt he had to intervene.  Billy knew that if he could just make it to the subway station he could easily lose them. So, he took a hard right turn down the alley between Herbert's Diner and Walgreen's, jumping over fences and dodging the trash bags laying on the ground. He weaved his way through the crowd of people making their way down the subway steps and jumped onto the handrail, sliding his way down. Once at the bottom, he took a quick look behind him only to see the Colson brothers rampaging their way down the Subway