Skip to main content

Reading Notes: Epified - Mahabharata Part E

 Ep 36 - Subhadra Wins Over Draupadi

    Arjun races towards Indraprasth after abducting Subhadra. Balram realized it was Arjun and he was angry. He ordered his army to get ready to go to Indraprasth and destroy the Pandavas. Krishna stopped him and convinced him not to. Balram changed his mind after Krishna told him that Subhadra and Arjun loved each other. Arjun arrived and his brothers were filled with joy. Arjun went to greet Draupadi but she gave him the cold shoulder. Draupadi ended up liking Subhadra. She consented to her marriage to Arjun. Marriage preparations began. 


Ep 37 - Birth of Abhimanyu

    Everyone in the town attended the wedding. Subhadra announced that she was pregnant with Arjun's baby. Arjun would take Subhadra on walks during her pregnancy. He would tell her stories of being in battle and all of his accomplishments. The unborn child was listening as well. He once was telling her about the procedure for entering and escaping the Chakravyuh. Before he could get to the final step, she fell asleep. 


Draupadi and Dushashan Wikipedia Commons


Source: Epified - Mahabharata Part E



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Jacob the Entrepreneur

 My name is Jacob and I am a Sophomore majoring in Economics. I'm from the Texas Hill country (a place called Bulverde, just north of San Antonio) however I was born in El Paso. Despite growing up near both the University of Texas and Texas A&M, I am actually a lifelong OU fan. My parents and grandparents were all fans of either of the other two schools, but I held my ground. My grandma would always tell me "you'll probably change your mind several times as you got older", but I knew that I wanted to be a Sooner. Originally, I had planned on majoring in Biology and eventually (hopefully) going to medical school. But my interests rapidly changed over my freshman year at OU. Growing up, I had always been very close to my Dad and I looked up to him in many ways. He was a very hard worker and an entrepreneur. His most successful business was, and is, a custom home company named J Taylor Custom Homes, named after me (also check us out at JTaylorCustomHomes.com ). As I

Comment Wall

  Check out my Portfolio!:     Jacob's Portfolio Pixabay

Week 5 Story: Hanuman's Leap

 Hanuman was having a largely peaceful afternoon surrounded by his fellow monkeys. Having just stopped his chaotic brother Vali from antagonizing Sugriva, he deserved it. Shortly after, Sugriva fetched Hanuman and told him that two strangers were approaching and that he should go check them out to make sure that they aren't coming to cause trouble. He then met Rama and Lakshma who said that they wanted to speak to Sugriva. Thrilled that they weren't dangerous or evil, he carried them on his shoulders to meet Sugriva. Rama and Sugriva agree to help each other and they go off to kill Vati. Later, Sugriva is crowned king of Kishkindha. It was now his turn to hold up his end of the deal. Sugriva gathered Hanuman and the monkeys and sectioned them off into groups. He sent the groups into the four directions to look for Sita and report back. Hanuman went to the south along with Angada, and Jambavan.  Hanuman and the southern search party soon reached the beach. They were all very ups